One night @ office … February 2, 2009Posted by Abhishek Thakur in A Journey Called L.I.F.E., Down the memory lane, Words Of Wisdom .....
1 comment so far
Here i am sitting in my office @ night…
Thinking hard about life
How it changed from a maverick college life to strict professional life…… (more…)
On the Job Experience so far…. January 27, 2009Posted by Abhishek Thakur in A Journey Called L.I.F.E., Words Of Wisdom .....
Tags: i always wanted to, on the job, reclaim my life, slavery, tata safari dicor
add a comment
It been 9 months being on the job with a reputed Software Development(majdoor) firm,and I can pen down my experience so far in following lines of Tata Safari Dicor Ad : (more…)
Live Life King Size : Tips For Better Living… January 16, 2009Posted by Abhishek Thakur in A Journey Called L.I.F.E., Words Of Wisdom .....
add a comment
Zindagi badi honi chahiye, lambi nahi” – Anand
Most of the time my friends ask me a trick or tip on Technical matters to ease the work they do. I just wonder,are there any tips so as to bring that ease in our lives too.
All of us , more or less , are living a stressed life.Even me , now being on the job,face stressful situations now and then.Over the days I have collected and worked on a few tips,some taught by my father( Love you, Papa), to make our lives better. I hope the following will help you out too :
Pachmarhi Trip (Revisited)… December 17, 2008Posted by Abhishek Thakur in A Journey Called L.I.F.E., Down the memory lane.
Tags: College, Outings, Pachmarhi, Trip
Dec 2008 “Present”:
Its more than two weeks, for having nothing much to do in office. Enough with two weeks of chatting on internal chat client, stumbling upon the Internet, going through a few interesting blogs (though I like it when company still pays me for doing these activities).
I don’t know what made me check out Ankush’s blog one more time, but again my “Time-pass” instincts overtook me and I read his blog post-to-post, to finally stumble upon (I use these words a lot these days) this post.
Ankush, I would like to add backstage fun to this cool expedition of three super genius minds.
So ladies and gentlemen (may be “ladies and gentlemen” don’t read my blog), here I am telling you all behind-the-scene stories about our “Not-so-famous” Pachmarhi trip.
Somebody . . . December 16, 2008Posted by Abhishek Thakur in A Journey Called L.I.F.E., Words Of Wisdom .....
1 comment so far
Just stumbled upon the following lines over the Internet, quite similar to what my dear friend wrote in my slambook, “Remember for world you are someone,but for someone you are the World”
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish November 18, 2008Posted by Abhishek Thakur in A Journey Called L.I.F.E., Words Of Wisdom .....
Tags: Apple, Stanford University, Stay Hungry stay foolish, Steve Jobs
“I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I’ve ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That’s it. No big deal. Just three stories.
Am I Really A Failure ….? December 26, 2007Posted by Abhishek Thakur in A Journey Called L.I.F.E., Words Of Wisdom .....
Tags: Failure, Robert H. Schuller
1 comment so far
Robert H. Schuller defines failure in his book ” You Can Become the Person You Want to Be “ by the following lines :
Changing Permissions of NTFS Partitons from “Read Only” to “Read & Write” in Linux November 15, 2007Posted by Abhishek Thakur in Linux, Technical.
Most of Linux users, having a dual boot operating system, face a problem of not able to write to NTFS partitions created by Windows operating system… the reason being NTFS partitions have “read only ” permissions.
A simple solution to this problem is a system tool – NTFS Configuration Tool .
Install and use NTFS Configuration Tool in linux –
( I’ll be using the example of Ubuntu 7.04 “Fiesty Fawn”, the one I am using nowadays …)
- Click on Applications/Add-remove.
- Type NTFS in the search box and select all available applications in show box.
- You will find NTFS Configuration Tool, select it to install and click apply.
- After the utility is installed click on Applications/System Tools/NTFS Configuration Tool.
- Check the required boxes and click ok.
Now your NTFS partitions have “read and write” permissions.
Those who wish not to run Google Talk standalone software client can use the web based client. Google’s gadgets usually loads up as a separate window. With browsers that have sidebars, such as Firefox and Opera, you can have Google Talk load up inside them.
- Create a bookmark by selecting Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks.
- Go to File > New Bookmark. Provide a suitable name like Google Talk.
- Enter location as http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/popout.
- Click On checkbox ” Load this bookmark in sidebar“.
- Click on Bookmarks > Google Talk. Google Talk should load.Provide your login information.
Opera Users :
- Click on Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.
- Click on Add Button and then on “New Bookmark“.
- Give a suitable name and enter the address as http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/popout. Click OK, a bookmark will be made.
- Press [F4] to show Opera Sidebar and drag newly created bookmark from bookmark region to sidebar.Click on bookmark in sidebar. Google Talk should load . Provide your login information.
Disable Sending of Error Reports in Windows Xp: June 24, 2007Posted by Abhishek Thakur in Tips & Tricks !!!.
add a comment
Whenever a program crashes, it gives you an error message,
then ask you to send an error report to Microsoft, which we
usually abort or ignore. We can disable the popping up of
this option altogether.Simply follow the given steps :
- Open System Properties : [Windows]+[Pause/Break] or Right Click on My Computer and select Properties.
- Click On Advanced Tab and then On Error Reporting button.
- Check/Select Disable Error Reporting or choose programs for which you want to send error reports.